Join the Practice

Practice Area

The practice area is Shaw. Please see the map opposite.

If you leave this area you will need to register with another doctor. You do this by completing the relevant section of your medical card and taking it to the new surgery of your choice, or by completing the appropriate form at your new doctors.

Pre-Registration with the Practice

If you wish to pre-register click on the links below to open the forms. When you have completed all of the details, click on the "Submit" button to mail your form to us. When you visit the surgery for the first time you will be asked to sign the form to confirm that the details are correct.





Please click on the image to show the practice catchment area

When you make a request to register with the practice you will be asked for proof of identity and address.  This must be a passport or picture driving licence for identity, and utility bill or rental agreement for proof of address.  Without proof we cannot register you.

Are You a Military Veteran?

If so are happy to have this recorded in your medical records?

A veteran is someone who has served in the armed forces for at least 1 day.

It is important for your continuing healthcare that you inform your GP if you have served. This will help them better understand any service related health conditions that you may have and ensure that you are referred, where appropriate, to dedicated services for ex-forces.

Please let reception know if you are happy to have this recorded.

Thank you

Temporary Registrations

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Non English Speakers

These fact sheets have been written to explain the role of UK health services, the National Health Service (NHS), to newly-arrived individuals seeking asylum. They cover issues such as the role of GPs, their function as gatekeepers to the health services, how to register and how to access emergency services.

Special care has been taken to ensure that information is given in clear language, and the content and style has been tested with user groups.

Open the leaflets in one of the following languages: